Student ID card is required for admission to Hiyoshi Library.
Bring books you want to borrow along with your Student ID card to the Main Counter.
Loan periods are;
Books in Japanese : 14 days
Books in foreign language : 30 days
There is no limit of the number of books you may check out.
- Long-term loan is available during summer/winter/spring vacations.
- Some items (such as journals/dictionaries/DVDs) are not allowed for outside loan.
- Some items require advance booking to use.
Bring the books to the Main Counter.
You can check the due date ;
via MyLibrary (keio.jp).
by the stamp on the due date slip attached to the book.
- Overdue fines are charged at a rate of 10 yen per book per day. Closed days Sundays and holidays will be also counted.
- You may return the books at the Media Centers of other campuses (with exception of some books).
You can renew twice.
You may renew :
via MyLibrary (keio.jp) .
by bringing the books with your Student ID card to :
the other Keio Media Centers on other campuses (with exception of some books)except Kyoseikan Library.
＊Renewals are not possible in the following situations :
- If the book is overdue
- If someone have placed a hold on the book
- If the book is 3- day-loan.
You can place a hold on a book currently on loan via MyLibrary (keio.jp) or Main Counter.
You will be notified via E-mail when the book is ready. It will be kept at Main Counter for 7 days after notification.
Lost or damaged items
Please handle library items with care. In case of loss or damage of the item, inform Main Counter immediately. Damage fee may incur depending on the situation and the item condition.
Viewing DVDs / Listening to CDs
At Audio-Visual Booths area You can view movies or listen to music software belonging to the Library. Please apply at Main Counter. You are not allowed to play carried-in items.
Using PCs in Hiyoshi Library
PCs and Printers are on the 1st and 2nd floor. The ITC Account issued by Hiyoshi ITC is required to use PCs. A traffic system IC card such as Suica and Pasmo is required for printing.
Using your own PC
Refer to Floor plan to see where you can use your own PC. At white-colored areas on the floor plan you may use it. For network connection, the ITC Account issued by Hiyoshi ITC is required. See Manual page on the Hiyoshi ITC website for detail.
Copy machines can be used only for photocopying of the library items. The Copyright Act prohibits photocopying of private items.
Fees : Black and white - ￥10/sheet Color - ￥50/sheet
Payments for self-service photocopying may be made by a copy card or cash.
You can purchase the card in the Library.
Copy machines are on every floor except on the 1st basement level.
|Hours||Opening - 10 minutes before closing|
Fees : Black and white - ￥30/sheet Color - ￥100/sheet
Please ask in the Copy Office Room on1st floor.
|Hours||10:00 - 16:00 on weekdays|
Ask a librarian
If you are not sure how to use library or how to find information , please consult a librarian:
at Reference Desk. (Hours : 9:00 - 17:00 on weekdays)
via Ask a librarian page on Hiyoshi Media Center website.
The staff will help you to find necessary information or documents efficiently.
If Hiyoshi Library doesn't have the items you want…
Request to borrow from other libraries
You can request books or document photocopies from internal/external libraries.
- If other Keio Media Center has the book you want you may request it
- via MyLibrary (keio.jp).
- at Main Counter
- You cannnot request books held by Kyoseikan Library. Consult Reference Desk about them.
- Some books cannnot be requested. Check the possibility on the webpage.
If Keio Media Centers do not have the book you want you may request through Get/Request page on the Hiyoshi Media Center website
- Document photocopies
- ＊If you want journal articles please request the photocopies of it because journals themselves cannnot be requested. You can also request the photocopies of a part of a book. Request through Get/Request page on the Hiyoshi Media Center website
Place a purchase request
If the item you want is not held in Hiyoshi Media Center, you may Place a purchase request. If the purchase of the requested item is decided, the requester has the priority to borrow. To make a request, go to Get/Request page on the Hiyoshi Media Center website or apply at the Main Counter.
Visiting other libraries
Visiting other Keio University Media Centers
Visit the center directly with your Student ID Card.
＊If you want to visit Kyoseikan Library consult Reference Desk.
Visiting libraries of tie-up universities
- Waseda University Libraries
- You may use the libraries with your Student ID card. Consult Reference desk before visiting because some libraries (such as S.Takata Memorial Research Library) require a letter of introduction issued by Hiyoshi Media Center.
For further details, see here.
- Library Consortium of Universities in Yokohama City
- You may enter the library with your Student ID card. Consult Reference desk before visiting because some libraries require advance notice or a letter of introduction issued by Hiyoshi Media Center.
- ＜Participating University Libraries＞
- Kanagawa University Library, Kanto Gakuin University Library, Kokugakuin University Tamaplaza Library, Tsurumi University Library, Toin University of Yokohama Information Center, Toyo Eiwa University Library, Ferris University Library, Tokyo City University Yokohama Campus Library, Meiji Gakuin University Yokohama Campus Library, Yokohama National University Library, Yokohama College of Commerce Library, Yokohama City University Library and Information Center
Using other libraries
To visit other university libraries advance notice or letter of introduction is required. You can apply at Reference Desk or through Get/Request page on Hiyoshi Media Center website.
Using AV Hall
AV Hall is on the 1st basement level. The hall is available for seminars, workshops and presentations. Bookings can be made up on the day of use. Please ask at the Main Counter for the details.
|Hours||Weekdays 9:00 - 17:00|
- Undergraduate Students
- Graduate Students
- Distant Learners
- Keio Alumni
- External Users